Although he probably can’t hear it over the sound of the war drum he’s constantly beating, the bell is tolling louder and louder for Senator Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.).
A coalition of Tea Party-affiliated groups from across South Carolina has approved a 29-point condemnation of Graham, calling for his replacement with someone committed to the Constitution.
In a copy of the document provided to The New American, Graham’s sins against the Constitution are enumerated and language is included in the resolution that would facilitate its adoption by state and local Republican organizations.
Those seeking to unseat the “Shut up, you don’t get a lawyer” senator point out Graham’s support of several unconstitutional measures. For example:
• Arming Syrian rebels with known ties to Al-Qaeda
• Approving the National Security Agency’s continuing surveillance of innocent Americans
• Calling for the use of drones to target American citizens
• Sending substantial aid to Egypt
• Subordinating American sovereignty to the United Nations
• Voting to continue sending billions to foreign governments worldwide
• Confirming President Obama’s Supreme Court nominees
• Voting for bank bailouts
• Unconstitutionally infringing on the Second Amendment
• Advocacy of amnesty for illegal aliens
• And on and on and on.
Perhaps the most impressive aspect of the indictment is that it isn’t just some collection of cheap shots; it includes video proof of the incumbent’s ferocious infidelity to his oath of office.
For the first time, it appears that constitutionalists across the Palmetto State have had enough of the “roll over Republican’s” reliable support for so many acts of the federal government that exceed the constitutional boundaries on its power.
Click here to read the entire article.
Photo of Sen. Lindsey Graham: AP Images