Choose Freedom — STOP A CON-CON
Article V of the Constitution is clear about the two ways to pass amendments. Also clear is what happened in 1787 when the Constitution was written. The convention to amend the Articles of Confederation wrote an entirely new Constitution, which was outside of its scope. Ratification rules were rewritten in order to ensure passage. Are we confident that the Constitution would not be rewritten and ratification rules not thrown out? The John Birch Society stands opposed to calling for a convention, but supports amending the Constitution through Congress. However, the better solution is to obey the Constitution to rein in the federal government, not amend a document that is ignored.
Take action today by letting your state legislators know of the dangers of an Article V Convention. Then learn more, so you can educate others and enlist their help.
- NEW Video - What Will Balance the Budget? (Use this 8-minute video to learn how to convince state legislators to oppose Balanced Budget Amendment Article V convention applications.)
- NEW Video - Change It or Obey It? (Use this 89-minute video for an in-depth education on how to convince state legislators to oppose all Article V convention applications)
- NEW - Solving the Debt Crisis PDF (TNA article Re what's wrong with a BBA Con-Con)
- A Crash Course on a Constitutional Convention (video)
- Nullification vs. Constitutional Convention (video)
- 59-min. Video - The Article V Convention: What are they not telling you?
- The Solution Is the Constitution, Not Article V (PDF)
- The New BBA Con-Con Threat (PDF)
- NEW BBA Con-Con Status Map September 2016 (JPG)
- Save the Constitution by Rescinding Article V Convention Applications (PDF)
- NEW - State Applications for a Balanced Budget Amendment Article V Convention (detailed analysis 1955-2016)
- Con-Con Backers Deploy False Attacks Against John Birch Society
- Distribute Reprints of 'The New BBA Con-Con Threat'
- Stop a Con-Con Packet
- Dual Feature - Nullification vs. Constitutional Convention & Crash Course on a Constitutional Convention (DVD)
- Con-Con Bullet Points PDF (for use with state legislators)
- Revise or Follow the Constitution Pamplet
- Gambling with our Constitution Pamplet
- Balancing our Budget Pamphlet
- Beware of Article V (Cased DVD)
- Nullification: The Rightful Remedy (DVD)
- Con-Con PDF Action Tools
- Working together to rewrite the Constitution Reprint
- Let's set the record straight Reprint
- Choose Freedom Stop a Con-Con 4'x 8' banner (download and take to printer)
- More Educational Tools Available From ShopJBS.org
- Contact State Legislators to oppose BBA Article V Convention applications
- Contact State Legislators to oppose ALL Article V Convention applications
- Model State Con-Con Rescission Resolution 2016
- Delaware Con-Con Rescission Resolution, HCR 60, 2016 (provides an alternate model Con-Con rescission resolution)
- Join The John Birch Society to work with others to build educated electorates to stop a Con-Con and work towards less government, more responsibility, and — with God's help — a better world.