Regarding the State Legislator Packet
by Clark Curry, Chief Operations Officer
The “State Legislator Packet” was designed for newly elected legislators. We are not suggesting mass distribution, but instead in-person presentation to your personal legislators. Members will be most effective by presenting the packet to conservative-minded Tea Party type legislators who have indicated they support the Constitution. The packet contents offer solutions. Be sure to familiarize yourself with each item:
- The Law — Called the Bible of good government;
- Republics and Democracy — Why the rule of law is vital;
- A Humbling Lesson — The immorality of wealth redistribution;
- Overview of America — Educate others about our political and economic systems; and
- "States Should Enforce, Not Revise, the Constitution!" — Sovereign states established the federal government; don’t change, just follow the Constitution.
We suggest making a presentation appointment of five to ten minutes with the legislator to review each item and a follow-up appointment to answer any questions. By having the second meeting, you will discover whether the legislator is actually interested and using the material or is merely giving you lip service. With either result you are establishing a relationship for further communication regarding other issues. Always highlight your areas of agreement and minimize areas of disagreement. Always keep in mind your goal is to grow the relationship to build influence. There are always future issues to be won!