Obama and UN Embroil United States in Central African Conflict

By:  Alex Newman
12/24/2013
       
Obama and UN Embroil United States in Central African Conflict

With strong support from the Obama administration and over $100 million in U.S. taxpayer funds, the United Nations, the Socialist French government, and a coalition of African governments and despots sent thousands of foreign troops into the Central African Republic. 

Under the guise of restoring order and preventing more atrocities, the usual chorus of self-styled “human rights” activists, bureaucrats, and politicians are calling on “international authorities” to take over the country, as if that was not only normal, but the obvious course of action. The self-styled “International Criminal Court,” again with support from Obama, is also seizing the opportunity to expand its machinations.

The purported goal of the international intervention is to stop the escalating violence. While turmoil in the Central African Republic has been boiling for decades, the latest round of bloodshed erupted as rebel Islamic “Seleka” militants tried to seize control over the predominantly Christian country. The previous despot, Francois Bozize, was ousted by the Islamist warlords in March and replaced by Muslim rebel boss Michel Djotodia. Despite his seizing power, Djotodia's armed backers reportedly continued to perpetrate atrocities amid an ongoing murderous rampage.

Along the way, at least many hundreds of Christians, including several pastors, have been massacred, according to multiple reports. Terror, rape, and brutality have exploded. Some Christian groups reportedly organized “self-defense” militias as well, and have allegedly retaliated, in some cases brutally. Islamist militias, though, are still wreaking havoc, with news agencies reporting that almost 1,000 people in the capital city of Bangui were slaughtered by Islamist rebels so far this month.

Despite the U.S. government’s unprecedented $17 trillion debt, the Obama administration publicly pledged over $100 million to the international intervention in the African country. Among other elements, the administration said the promised taxpayer-funded aid would help pay for airlifts provided by the Department of Defense, so-called “defense services,” and hardware for foreign troops in CAR, and more. On top of that, tens of millions more will go to the UN for various programs in the area.

“We are grateful for the important contributions made by the African Union, regional states, and France in support of the international community’s response,” the White House said in a statement posted on its website. “We are actively working to help end the violence, protect civilians, prevent atrocities, provide humanitarian assistance, and help create an environment that allows constitutional and democratic governance to be restored.”

In public statements, citing international requests and decisions made by the administration, U.S. officials essentially admitted that they had no legitimate constitutional or congressional authority to intervene in the latest African conflict. A statement released by the Pentagon, for example, claimed that its decision to send troops to the area was made after Obama defense chief Chuck Hagel received a “request” from the socialist French government’s military boss, Yves Le Drian.

Click here to read the entire article.

The JBS Weekly Member Update offers activism tips, new educational tools, upcoming events, and JBS perspective. Every Monday this e-newsletter will keep you informed on current action projects and offer insight into news events you won't hear from the mainstream media.
JBS Facebook JBS Twitter JBS YouTube JBS RSS Feed