Click to View Interactive Map
Stop a Constitutional Convention
Life, Liberty, Property, Freedom of Religion, and the Right to Bear Arms are only a few of the rights and freedoms that have been secured for us for over two centuries by the Constitution.
What we're warning about on this page is the possible rewriting of the U.S. Constitution at an Article V convention called by Congress in response to applications from 34 or more states. Such a convention (also known as a constitutional convention, a Con-Con, or a convention of the states) would have the inherent power to rewrite the Constitution, which could mean the end of over two centuries of security for our rights and freedoms as Americans.
We're only six states away from the required applications by 34 states to force Congress to call an Article V constitutional convention for the supposed purpose of proposing a Balanced Budget Amendment (BBA).
Click here to view a BBA Article V Convention Status map to see whether your state has applied to Congress yet or not. Then, click here if your state is one of the 22 (shown in green) without “live” applications for a BBA Article V convention. And, click here if your state is one of the 28 (shown in orange) that already have such applications. You’ll be taken to the appropriate Legislative Action Alerts.
A secondary priority is to stop all non-BBA types of Article V convention applications, such as Convention of States, Wolf-PAC, etc., in all states. Click here for the appropriate Legislative Action Alert.
For an in-depth understanding of this action project (including a thorough debunking of the false marketing claims of Article V convention proponents), view the video Change It or Obey It? Why the Constitution Is the Solution (2017 version; 63 minutes).
If you would like to help preserve your rights as secured by the Constitution by working on our Stop a Constitutional Convention project in your state, click here, scroll down to “Act Locally,” fill in your ZIP code, and click on “Search.” You’ll be furnished with contact information for our Field Coordinator for your state.
- NEW Video - What Will Balance the Budget? (Use this 8-minute video to convince state legislators to oppose Balanced Budget Amendment Article V convention applications.)
- NEW Video - Change It or Obey It? (Use this 63-minute video for an in-depth education on how to convince state legislators to oppose all Article V convention applications)
- NEW - Solving the Debt Crisis PDF (TNA reprint Re what's wrong with a BBA Con-Con)
- A Crash Course on a Constitutional Convention (7-minute video)
- Nullification vs. Constitutional Convention (4-minute video)
- The Article V Convention: What are they not telling you? (59-minute video)
- The Solution Is the Constitution, Not Article V (PDF)
- The New BBA Con-Con Threat (PDF)
- NEW - BBA Con-Con Status Map December 2016 (JPG)
- Save the Constitution by Rescinding Article V Convention Applications (PDF)
- State Applications for a Balanced Budget Amendment Article V Convention (detailed analysis 1955-2016)
- Con-Con Backers Deploy False Attacks Against John Birch Society
- Tell others by purchasing the following items in bulk (discounted, of course!) and distributing to community leaders and others in your area:
- What Will Balance the Budget DVD (8 minutes)
- Change It or Obey It DVD (89 minutes)
- 'Solving the Debt Crisis' Reprint
- 'The New BBA Con-Con Threat' Reprint
- Stop a Con-Con Packet
- Dual Feature - Nullification vs. Constitutional Convention & Crash Course on a Constitutional Convention (DVD)
- Con-Con Bullet Points PDF (for use with state legislators)
- Con-Con PDF Action Tools
- Working together to rewrite the Constitution Reprint
- Let's set the record straight Reprint
- Many More Educational Tools Available From ShopJBS.org
- Contact State Legislators to oppose BBA Article V Convention applications
- Contact State Legislators to oppose ALL Article V Convention applications
- Tell Your State Legislators to rescind Article V Convention applications
- Model State Con-Con Rescission Resolution 2016
- Delaware Con-Con Rescission Resolution, HCR 60, 2016 (provides an alternate model Con-Con rescission resolution)
- Join The John Birch Society to work with others to build educated electorates to stop a Con-Con and work towards less government, more responsibility, and — with God's help — a better world.