“Morality sees further than intellect” was a favorite saying of The John Birch Society’s Founder Robert Welch. He even published “a recapitulation of essential elements in the recognized moral code for our Western civilization” as “The John Birch Resolutions” in 1970. The JBS strives to educate individuals on the virtues of morality and how our Founding Fathers recognized that a free society could not long survive without a moral citizenry. This Choose Morality action page provides resources for learning more about the relationship between morality and freedom, then offers actions that can be taken to restore both.
- The John Birch Resolutions booklet (the traditional moral principles of Western Civilization; 20 pp, 1970)
- The Law (the classic blueprint for a free society; 74 pp, 2007 ed)
- 'The Kinsey Syndrome' (online video; 2 hrs, 44 min)
- 'The 5000 Year Leap' (28 principles of freedom from our Founding Fathers; 337 pp, 2008ed)
- Washington's Farewell Address
- Use the educational tools under 'Learn More' and 'Tell Others' to educate others about the relationship between freedom and morality.